Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gustavo Dudamel: Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela


On Friday night my son Charlie and I went to see this incredible young conductor and the amazing Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra. If you have not seen Gustavo conduct you’re in for a treat. Check out this link to see him earlier this year and get a sense of what we experienced.

The music was fantastic and the two encores were joyful since the kids playing had some fun, jumping up, spinning their instruments and yelling. It was extraordinary and truly wonderful!

1 comment:

Buckley Brinkman said...

This is one of the best clips of a classical performance that I have ever seen. The outstanding musicianship, coupled with the joy and exhuberance of the orchestra never fails to bring a tear to my eye! OUTSTANDING!!!

I can only imagine what the concert was like!